Category: Breaking News Published on Tuesday, 27 November 2012 09:15 Written by The Grio
Sacha Dratwa, 26, head of the New Media Desk for the Israeli Defense Force (IDF), spent a day at the the Dead Sea’s mud baths and posted a blackface photo of himself with the controversial comment “Obama style.”
The recent conflict between Israel and Hamas has put Dratwa into the public limelight because of his role as the lieutenant behind IDF’s social media campaign. He is in charge of IDF’s official Twitter page and has become the most media-visible branch of the IDF.
“I’m not a racist, please stop [spreading] lies about me,” Dratwa said in response to criticism his tweet has received.
The backlash from this photo has forced Dratwa to block public access to his Facebook account completely.
Click here to see what Dratwa wrote on his Facebook page
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Bamboozled: Breast Mutilation as Preventive Care? (1)
- Mike Duggan announces official run for mayor (1)
- Detroit gears up for historic March on Woodward celebration (1)
- UPDATE: Election commission decides to keep Duggan on the ballot (1)
- African Americans Must be a part of Detroit New Development Growth (1)