Category: Breaking News Published on Tuesday, 27 November 2012 09:15 Written by The Grio
Sacha Dratwa, 26, head of the New Media Desk for the Israeli Defense Force (IDF), spent a day at the the Dead Sea’s mud baths and posted a blackface photo of himself with the controversial comment “Obama style.”
The recent conflict between Israel and Hamas has put Dratwa into the public limelight because of his role as the lieutenant behind IDF’s social media campaign. He is in charge of IDF’s official Twitter page and has become the most media-visible branch of the IDF.
“I’m not a racist, please stop [spreading] lies about me,” Dratwa said in response to criticism his tweet has received.
The backlash from this photo has forced Dratwa to block public access to his Facebook account completely.
Click here to see what Dratwa wrote on his Facebook page
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)