Category: Breaking News Published on Monday, 14 January 2013 08:32 Written by WWJ
DETROIT (WWJ) – Actor Danny Glover will be at the North American International Auto Show today.
Glover will be joining the Mississippi Alliance for Fairness at Nissan, an organization representing clergy, elected officials, civil rights activists and students in Mississippi to “reveal how Nissan treats its employees” according to the group’s press release. The organization says it “will detail how Nissan is denying workers in its Canton, Miss. plant a fair union election and using a campaign of fear to discourage employees from joining a union.”
“With Nissan, you have to look beneath the shine. Nissan builds great vehicles, but the company should respect the rights and dignity of its Mississippi workforce,” said Reverend R. Isiac Jackson, president of the General Missionary Baptist State Convention of Mississippi and chair of the Mississippi Alliance for Fairness at Nissan.
The organization was founded after Mississippi Congressman Bennie Thompson called on state leaders to form a committee to stand up for Nissan workers.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Bamboozled: Breast Mutilation as Preventive Care? (1)
- Mike Duggan announces official run for mayor (1)
- Detroit gears up for historic March on Woodward celebration (1)
- UPDATE: Election commission decides to keep Duggan on the ballot (1)
- African Americans Must be a part of Detroit New Development Growth (1)