Category: Breaking News Published on Wednesday, 16 January 2013 08:19 Written by Gary Lundy, WWJ
DETROIT (WWJ) – So, how does Detroit’s auto show compare to other shows around the country, and around the world?
Well, its not the largest. That distinction goes to the Frankfurt Auto Show in Germany, and that is held every two years.
WWJ’s Gary Lundy tells us the Paris Auto Show was the first show … starting in 1898.
The Chicago Auto Show is the “largest” in the U.S.A. … with more than a million square feet of exhibit space.
The New York Auto Show gets the largest attendance.
But the North American International Auto Show, here in the Motor City, has more unveilings and more introductions of new cars and trucks.
And the Charity Preview has raised more than $87 million since it began, helping local children’s charities. It takes place on the Friday night before the show opens to the general public.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Mike Duggan announces official run for mayor (1)
- Detroit gears up for historic March on Woodward celebration (1)
- UPDATE: Election commission decides to keep Duggan on the ballot (1)
- African Americans Must be a part of Detroit New Development Growth (1)
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell? [Video} (2)