Category: Breaking News Published on Wednesday, 23 January 2013 09:25 Written by Crystal Wilson
The Urban Wheels Awards is an annual event, held during the North American International Auto Show, that brings together celebrities, executives, international media, government representatives, and the multicultural community to celebrate diversity and inclusion in the automotive industry. Consumers in the multicultural market buy one-quarter of new vehicles annually. The Urban Wheel Awards promotes awareness of their contributions to the industry as well as those of companies and individuals who have made progress toward embracing this reality.
General Motors received the following four awards:
1) Executive of the Year – Alicia Boler-Davis, VP Global Quality, VP Customer Experience
2) Woman Designer of the Year – Crystal Windham, Director of Design
3) GM named Company of the Year for Progress in Community Service Initiatives to Women
Vivian Pickard President of GM Foundation & Ken Barrett, General Motors Chief Diversity Officer accepted on behalf of General Motors
4) Urban Car of the Year, Cadillac ATS
Don Butler, Vice President of Cadillac Marketing, accepted on behalf of Cadillac
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Mike Duggan announces official run for mayor (1)
- Detroit gears up for historic March on Woodward celebration (1)
- UPDATE: Election commission decides to keep Duggan on the ballot (1)
- African Americans Must be a part of Detroit New Development Growth (1)
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell? [Video} (2)