Category: Breaking News Published on Thursday, 24 January 2013 08:27 Written by WWJ
ALLEN PARK (WWJ) - Allen Park police say the frigid temperatures may have played a role in the death of an elderly woman.
Police say a passerby called 911 around 9:20 a.m. Wednesday and reported finding the 87-year-old woman’s body in a ditch along Allen Road, between Pelham and Reeck roads.
Sgt. Craig Hickey of the Allen Park Fire Department said the woman was not dressed appropriately for the weather; she wasn’t wearing a hat or a coat. He said it appears the woman had been there for hours.
The woman, whose identity was not immediately released, reportedly lived nearby.
Single digit temperatures were recorded across Wayne County Wednesday morning.
An autopsy is expected to be conducted on Thursday. An investigation is ongoing.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell? [Video} (1)
- Earn and Learn Program helps chronically unemployed find careers (1)
- "Hot Lap Ride" with Will Power and the Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix (1)
- Charlie Murphy headlines grand opening of The Comedy Zone (1)
- Gordy explains Ross relationship (3)