Category: Breaking News Published on Monday, 28 January 2013 00:00 Written by the Grio
Atlanta-based megachurch pastor Creflo Dollar is no longer facing assault charges stemming from a domestic dispute with his daughter, according to NBC’s WXIA affiliate.
Late June Dollar was arrested after an altercation with his 15-year-old daughter. Initial reports suggested that Dollar choked and punched his child, a charge the minister vehemently denied.
“I will say this emphatically: I should have never been arrested,” Dollar said in his first public appearance two days after police charged him with misdemeanor counts of battery and cruelty to children.
He went on to call the accusations against him “exaggeration and sensationalism.”
The Fayette County Citizen reports that prosecutors “allowed Dollar to participate in an pre-trial intervention program which requires him to complete an anger management program and pay $1,072 in fees and court costs.”
Allegedly the entire incident between Dollar and his daughter stemmed from her being “disrepectful” after the pastor told her she couldn’t attend a party.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)