Category: Breaking News Published on Wednesday, 06 February 2013 08:47 Written by ABC News Radio
(NEW YORK) -- Detroit has been ranked among the nation's most congested cities in terms of traffic, according to a report by the Texas A&M Transportation Institute.
The Urban Mobility Report (UMR) was released Tuesday, and states that the time required for a given trip has become more unpredictable. The report also introduces what's been titled the Planning Time Index, as a means of measuring that degree of unreliability.
According to the UMR, Detroit is the 13th most congested city in the country, with Washington, D.C. topping the list.
The UMR went on to state that congestion in cities across the United States has remained relatively stable in recent years and underscores the link between traffic and the economy.
Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- UPDATE: Election commission decides to keep Duggan on the ballot (1)
- African Americans Must be a part of Detroit New Development Growth (1)
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell? [Video} (2)
- Earn and Learn Program helps chronically unemployed find careers (1)
- "Hot Lap Ride" with Will Power and the Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix (1)