Services for Ruby May Turner, officer with the 13th Congressional District Office and lifetime member of the NAACP, will be held at the Swanson Funeral Home east side chapel, 806 E. Grand Blvd., on Thursday, Sept. 30, at noon, preceded by visitation at 11:30 a.m. She passed on Sunday, Sept. 26, at the age of 85.
Mrs. Turner, born in Detroit on Dec. 6, 1924, had been involved in politics on the local, state and national level for most of her adult life. She was the daughter of the late Rev. and Mrs. Clarence J. Gadson Sr. Rev. Gadson was pastor of East Lake Baptist Church. She is survived by three children, six grandchildren, five great-grandchildren and others.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)