Category: Top News Published on Monday, 09 August 2010 16:07
Deangelis Devin Nicholas, 23 of Brownstown was arraigned on Monday in connection with the death of a seven week-old infant.
He was charged with felony and second-degree murder, both carrying life sentences and child abuse murder in the first-degree, which is a 15-year sentence.
Nicholas allegedly, physically and sexually assaulted his girlfriend’s female infant on Aug. 1 at a home located on the 17100 block of Higdon in Brownstown.
He was initially charged with first-degree child abuse on Aug. 5 and was out on a $300,000 cash bond. However, he was taken into police custody and new charges were brought against him after the infant died on Saturday at approximately 1:30 a.m. at a local hospital due to her injuries.
Judge James K. Kersten placed Nicholas back in custody on Monday. His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Aug. 17 at the 33rd District Court in Woodhaven.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)