Our hearts were deeply saddened to hear that Dr. MaLinda Sapp (the wife of Pastor Marvin Sapp) made her transition on Sept. 9, 2010. Dr. Sapp, a wife, mother, co-pastor, first lady, professor and psychologist was loved by everyone and touched so many.
We had the distinct honor of being blessed by Dr. Sapp when she served as the keynote speaker for the Michigan Chronicle’s Salute to First Ladies in March. In a flat 15 minutes, Dr. Sapp clearly captured our hearts and blessed us with her anointing through the Word of God.
Through her sermon she gave us hope, encouragement and was an inspiration to everyone in the room. As she closed her sermon, she challenged the honorees to continue to be that Proverbs: 31 Virtuous Woman as they stood beside their mate as she did her own. Not a person remained seated as amens came from all over the banquet room. Dr. Sapp’s love for people and her warm spirit will be missed by all and never forgotten.
So we celebrate and salute her light, her life and her legacy. Our deepest sympathy, prayers and condolences go out to Pastor Marvin Sapp and the entire Sapp family along with the Lighthouse Full Life Center church family.
For information regarding funeral arrangement, please go to www. michronicle.com.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)