Near Big Bear Lake, California (CNN)-- It may take days before authorities can officially determine whether Christopher Jordan Dorner's body was found in the ashes of a torched cabin near Big Bear Lake, California.
But several signs early Wednesday seemed to suggest that the ex-Los Angeles police officer's vendetta against his brothers in blue ended in that wooden cabin with a shootout that left one deputy dead and another wounded.
The frenzied manhunt, road blocks and helicopter flights, which had brought the mountain town to a standstill for six days, died down Tuesday night.
And late in the evening, authorities announced that they found human remains in the cabin and would need forensic experts to identify them.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Duggan Court of Appeals Decision (1)
- Medical Marijuana Illinois: Veto Session Could Make Legal Weed A Reality (1)
- President Obama Hosts Father’s Day Luncheon At White House (1)
- Democrat: IRS Manager Denies Targeting Of Conservative Groups (1)
- Detroit Area Has Strong Legacy With African American Dealers (1)