Category: Achieve Published on Tuesday, 02 July 2013 09:45 Written by Michigan Chronicle Staff
According to the Center for American Progress, the impact in Michigan is widespread. [Center for American Progress, 6/04/13]
Michigan Facts on Student Loan Rates Doubling:
284,937 students borrow Stafford Loans
62 percent of Michigan college graduates are in debt
The average borrower is $24,450 dollars in debt
11.8 percent of borrowers are more than 90 days delinquent
If student loan rates were unchanged, the average savings per borrower would be $915 dollars.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)