- Senate Democrats Blast Snyder Administration’s Latest Anti-Education Comments - 2013-05-23
- Shawn Carter Scholarship fund accepting applications - 2013-05-21
- People on the Move - 2013-05-21
- WSU Med Students Invest in Youth Education at Covenant House - 2013-05-01
- School Types: The Difference Between Public, Private, Magnet, Charter and EAA - 2013-05-01
Category: Achieve Published on Monday, 07 January 2013 11:31 Written by Ellis Booker, informationweek
At the start of 2012, at its January Education Event in New York City, Apple senior VP of worldwide marketing Phil Schiller was widely quoted as saying, "Education is in Apple's DNA."
That now seems an understatement, considering the company's performance this year. In 2012, Apple broke its own sales records in the education market.
In the third quarter, not only were Mac sales to education at an all-time high, twice as many iPads as Macs were purchased. (It was the second consecutive quarter in which this happened.)
Specifically regarding iPad sales in the U.S. education market, Apple said its third quarter saw nearly a doubling year over year, to just under one million units.
"The adoption rate of iPad in education is something I'd never seen from any technology product in history," Apple CEO Tim Cook said during the third-quarter earnings call.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- UPDATE: Election commission decides to keep Duggan on the ballot (1)
- African Americans Must be a part of Detroit New Development Growth (1)
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell? [Video} (2)
- Earn and Learn Program helps chronically unemployed find careers (1)
- "Hot Lap Ride" with Will Power and the Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix (1)