- Detroit's Top Leaders and Newsmakers Join For Annual Legacy In Motion Gala - 2013-12-08
- Judge Rules Detroit Eligible For Bankruptcy - 2013-12-03
- Police Investigate Possibility Of Foul Play In Missing Michigan Teen Case - 2013-12-03
- Mayor-elect Duggan to sell Goodfellows' newspapers downtown Monday morning - 2013-12-02
- 41st Annual Noel Night Dec. 7th - 2013-12-02
Category: Breaking News - Original Published on Thursday, 23 May 2013 09:37 Written by Michigan Chronicle Staff Writer
Today the election commission decided to keep mayoral candidate, Mike Duggan on the ballot despite Tom Barrow's claim Duggan was ineligible to run for mayor.
The commission concluded a candidate must be a qualified resident and registered voter in the city of Detroit one year prior to the filing deadline.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!