- Michigan Puts up a Fight - 2013-12-02
- Why Ohio State vs. Michigan Is the Best Rivalry in College Football - 2013-12-01
- St. John Providence Health System invites women to join T.E.A.M. Pink this month in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month - 2013-10-16
- Notre Dame Visits Michigan for One Last Night Game - 2013-09-06
- St. Joseph Mercy Oakland Recognized for Quality in Cardiac Care - 2013-07-31
Category: Business - Original Published on Tuesday, 02 April 2013 08:00 Written by Amber L. Bogins
Centric Design Studio was selected to design and build the main floor at Tech Town. A process that started in May with responding to the public Request for Proposals from Tech Town, resulted in Centric Design Studios being awarded a contract in which the firm will design and construct a roughly 20,638 square foot office space.
“All of Tech Town’s operations will be on the first floor, enabling Tech Town to hold larger events,” said co-owner Saudra Little, “we are very excited about the project.”
Little and her partners at Centric Design beat out several highly qualified firms to secure the contract.
“Centric offered a whole series of competitive ideas and qualities that we looked for. They had competitively-priced bid, minority business which is line with our mission, and Detroit based,” commented Leslie Smith, president and CEO of Tech Town, “[The company] is actually graduate of Tech Town programs. [With this contract], they’ve come full circle.
Saundra Little and her partners Damon Thomas and Chris Bruner were all students at Lawrence Technological Institute in Southfield. In 2008, after being laid off within two weeks of each other, the trio decided to embark on a full time venture, and thus Centric Design Studio was born.
Little is the Architect, Thomas is the Design Director and Bruner is the Urban Planner. Together, they have worked on a multitude of projects, including: Wayne County Justice Complex, DMC’s Cardiovascular and Multispecialty Building, Northeast Guidance Center, New Baptist Church in Inkster, among many others. Their projects range from $160,000 to $500 million. Taking advantage of technological advances, Centric offers their clients a 3-dimensional look at the total space, affording their clients an opportunity to get a feel for the space. In addition, Centric Design Studio is committed to developing eco-friendly, LEED-certified buildings. Their portfolio is extensive.
“Saundra and her partners are qualified and seasoned architects,” Smith said regarding Centric Design Studio.
Follow Amber L. Bogins on Twitter @AmberLaShaii
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)