- Police Investigate Possibility Of Foul Play In Missing Michigan Teen Case - 2013-12-03
- 41st Annual Noel Night Dec. 7th - 2013-12-02
- Metro Detroit's Top Leaders And Newsmakers Join For Annual Legacy In Motion Gala - 2013-11-26
- Can Race Be Taken Out As A Factor In Renisha McBride Case? - 2013-11-19
- Renisha McBride and Other Black Women Need to be Defended - 2013-11-19
Category: Business - Original Published on Monday, 10 June 2013 12:13 Written by Michigan Chronicle Staff
Just a reminder that Metro Detroit Restaurant, Beans & Cornbread is up for a national award for Best Soul Food Place. Today is the day to vote at http://2013.neighborhoodawards.com/vote/ Voting closes at 6 p.m.
Southfield restaurant Beans & Cornbread is nominated for Best Soul Food Place in the nation by the Neighborhood Awards. Beans & Cornbread is the only Michigan restaurant nominated. The other three nominees are in Georgia (one restaurant) and D.C. (two restaurants).
We'd appreciate your support in raising awareness about the nomination and encouraging your social media following to cast their vote for Beans & Cornbread as Best Soul Food Place.
Recognizing voting is solely TODAY, June 10 from 6 a.m. - 6 p.m., we would like to create as much awareness possible. I have also attached photos and the Beans & Cornbread logo for your use.
FREE COMMUNITY BARBEQUE:
Beans & Cornbread will host a neighborhood barbeque at their Southfield restaurant located at 29508 Northwestern Hwy. TODAY June 10 from 3 – 6 p.m. to celebrate their nomination as Best Soul Food in the nation by the Neighborhood Awards. Attendees will enjoy a sampling of the nominated soul food with complimentary wings and rib tips.
We invite your readers to cast their vote for Beans & Cornbread as Best Soul Food Place on Monday, June 10 from 6 a.m. until 6 p.m. by going online at http://2013.neighborhoodawards.com/vote/ .
Southfield-based Beans & Cornbread has been nominated for the third consecutive year as the Best Soul Food Place in the nation by the Neighborhood Awards. The Neighborhood Awards is a national competition, which features 12 non-traditional awards to exceptional businesses and individuals in various neighborhoods across the country. Beans & Cornbread is celebrating 16 years of serving the heart and soul of Southern cooking. The restaurant offers a unique first class dining experience centered around soul food. Its award-winning menu fuses southern roots with an epicurean influence, featuring soul food favorites and low country cuisine.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)