- Michigan Puts up a Fight - 2013-12-02
- Why Ohio State vs. Michigan Is the Best Rivalry in College Football - 2013-12-01
- St. John Providence Health System invites women to join T.E.A.M. Pink this month in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month - 2013-10-16
- Notre Dame Visits Michigan for One Last Night Game - 2013-09-06
- Coca Cola Company Executive Pioneer Ingrid Saunders Jones Honored at Charles Wright Museum - 2013-08-09
Page 2 of 2
MPLP's first class graduated in 1992. Since then, more than 500 men and women of various political views, professions and regions of the state have earned an MPLP certificate. Each MPLP class invites 24 Fellows – 12 men and 12 women.
The fellowships are competitive, requiring written application, essay, references and personal interview.
By the most recent count, 45 percent of MPLP's graduates have been elected or appointed to elective or appointed positions at local, regional or statewide levels.
The program of workshops, seminars, panel discussions, hands-on activities and guided tours takes place over 10 weekends. Fellows are asked to commit to the intensive schedule that includes presentations from some of the state's highest political officers and most experienced policy analysts.
MPLP Fellowships, each valued at approximately $12,000, are tuition-free. An administrative fee of $1,000 is requested.
Applications are due Friday, Aug. 23, 2013 for the MPLP Class of 2014. They are available online at http://bit.ly/1bJRWe4. Applications received after that time will be considered for the following year's program.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!