- Detroit's Top Leaders and Newsmakers Join For Annual Legacy In Motion Gala - 2013-12-08
- Berry Gordy: The man, the music, the legacy, from Chronicle paperboy to international music mogul - 2013-12-05
- Generation Next: Michigan Chronicle Celebrates 40 under 40 - 2013-10-23
- Chronicle Editor Bankole Thompson Panelist On Mayoral Debate Panel - 2013-10-07
- Michigan’s Health Insurance Marketplace Opens Today! - 2013-10-01
Category: Urban Ed Published on Monday, 12 November 2012 12:05 Written by HBCU Buzz
After stumping around Georgia and other states for President Obama, actress Keshia Knight Pulliam hosted a big fundraiser at SAKS in Atlanta for Spelman College.
Keshia graduated with a B.A. in Sociology and a concentration in film back in ’01, and joined forces with Spelman College Board Members to host a Fall Fashion Presentation and fundraiser at SAKS in Atlanta. She helped usher in a whopping million dollars for the all-women’s college.
The fundraiser attendees had a fabulous luncheon complete with a champagne toast and live auction. And it was all to raise $1 million in scholarship funds to benefit Spelman students who aren’t able to graduate due to financial hardships.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!