Standard & Poor's Ratings Services cut its rating on Detroit's general obligation debt to 'C' from 'CC' on Friday, and gave the bankrupt Michigan city a negative outlook.
"The downgrade reflects the city's position as the subject of a bankruptcy petition, as of July 18, 2013," said Standard & Poor's credit analyst Jane Ridley.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)