- Detroit's Top Leaders and Newsmakers Join For Annual Legacy In Motion Gala - 2013-12-08
- Berry Gordy: The man, the music, the legacy, from Chronicle paperboy to international music mogul - 2013-12-05
- Generation Next: Michigan Chronicle Celebrates 40 under 40 - 2013-10-23
- Chronicle Editor Bankole Thompson Panelist On Mayoral Debate Panel - 2013-10-07
- Michigan’s Health Insurance Marketplace Opens Today! - 2013-10-01
Page 18 of 49
VICE PRESDIENT OF PROJECT DEVELOPMENT
DETROIT ECONOMIC GROWTH CORPORATION
Malik Goodwin joined the Detroit Economic Growth Corporation in 2002 as a Project Manager working on the Lower Woodward Improvement Program. As a Project Manager at the DEGC, Mr. Goodwin managed the design and implementation of several multi-million dollar projects such as Broadway streetscape improvements, Lower Woodward streetscape improvements and construction of several other public spaces and roads.
Goodwin became the Vice President of Project Management at the DEGC in 2009. In this capacity he is responsible for managing the oversight of project implementation planning, design, construction, reporting and asset management activities related to public infrastructure development, land acquisition and assembly, building stabilization and rehabilitation. In this position, Goodwin worked with the Detroit Works project to develop the Detroit Future City plan, which addresses the systemic changes necessary for Detroit’s success. He is currently working with the team.
Mr. Goodwin is a graduate of the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, having obtained his Bachelor of Science in Architecture in 1997 and a dual Masters degree in Architecture and Urban Planning in 2002.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!