- Berry Gordy: The man, the music, the legacy, from Chronicle paperboy to international music mogul - 2013-12-05
- Metro Detroit's Top Leaders And Newsmakers Join For Annual Legacy In Motion Gala - 2013-11-26
- Generation Next: Michigan Chronicle Celebrates 40 under 40 - 2013-10-23
- Chronicle Editor Bankole Thompson Panelist On Mayoral Debate Panel - 2013-10-07
- Michigan’s Health Insurance Marketplace Opens Today! - 2013-10-01
Page 39 of 49
1917 AMERICAN BISTRO
1917 American Bistro is a longtime dream of native Detroiter, Don Studvent. Mr. Studvent’s culinary internship at the Amway Grand Plaza in Grand Rapids, MI and many years as a private caterer helped to prepare him for restaurant ownership. Throughout his 15 years at Chrysler’s Dodge Truck plant, Mr. Studvent continued to practice his craft by accepting both personal and professional catering jobs. As Michigan’s automotive industry felt the impact of the economic downturn happening in our nation, Don and his wife Katrina Studvent saw an opportunity to pursue his dream.
1917 American Bistro opened its doors the fall of 2009 with two employees. Today, the restaurant employs sixteen and continues to thrive on Detroit’s historic Avenue of Fashion located south of Eight mile on Livernois.
Studvent is known for his high touch point service to customers. Most days you will find the owner greeting guest and chatting with neighborhood regulars. 1917 American Bistro has become known as a great meeting location for professionals and dignitaries because it offers savory food, service with a smile and great live music.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!