- Berry Gordy: The man, the music, the legacy, from Chronicle paperboy to international music mogul - 2013-12-05
- Metro Detroit's Top Leaders And Newsmakers Join For Annual Legacy In Motion Gala - 2013-11-26
- Generation Next: Michigan Chronicle Celebrates 40 under 40 - 2013-10-23
- Chronicle Editor Bankole Thompson Panelist On Mayoral Debate Panel - 2013-10-07
- Michigan’s Health Insurance Marketplace Opens Today! - 2013-10-01
Page 44 of 49
LAWRENCE R. WALKER, ESQUIRE
LAWRENCE R. WALKER, P.C.
Lawrence (“Larry”) Walker is a native Detroiter and graduated from Detroit Redford High School in 1974. He attended Eastern Michigan University where he graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in 1979. He later graduated from Thomas M. Cooley Law School in 1983. His professional career commenced at the City of Detroit Law Department where he specialized in real estate and public finance.
Some of his most recognized development projects during the administration of Mayor Coleman A. Young include the expansion of Cobo Hall, the Detroit People Mover, expansion of the Chrysler Jefferson Plant, and the Atheneum Hotel. After a brief period at a private law firm, Walker started his own practice in 1990 specializing in business organizations, commercial transactions and real estate -- with special emphasis in public and private sources of financing real estate projects.
He has maintained a substantial institutional business clientele, which has included the City of Detroit Retirement Systems, Highland Park Tax Increment Finance Authority, Kmart Corporation, City of Ecorse, Olympia Entertainment, Little Caesar’s Corporation, and Goodwill Industries of Greater Detroit.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!