- Detroit's Top Leaders and Newsmakers Join For Annual Legacy In Motion Gala - 2013-12-08
- Berry Gordy: The man, the music, the legacy, from Chronicle paperboy to international music mogul - 2013-12-05
- Generation Next: Michigan Chronicle Celebrates 40 under 40 - 2013-10-23
- Chronicle Editor Bankole Thompson Panelist On Mayoral Debate Panel - 2013-10-07
- Michigan’s Health Insurance Marketplace Opens Today! - 2013-10-01
Page 45 of 49
CHIEF COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
CITY OF DETROIT
Robert Warfield currently serves as Chief Communications Officer for Mayor Dave Bing and the City of Detroit. In this role, Warfield is responsible for key messaging, media relations and strategies, and overseeing the redevelopment and programming of the city’s two cable television channels.
Warfield is also Founder and Owner of Studio 600 Productions, Inc. in Detroit. Since 1991, he has led Studio 600 Productions in the creation of documentaries, television movies, and commercials. Additionally, Warfield is Founder and Co-Owner of Alpha Partners LLC, an institutional investment firm located in downtown Detroit.
Warfield has more than 30 years of professional management and television broadcasting experience. He is extremely proficient in strategic planning, contract negotiating and personnel management.
Warfield earned a B.S. in Speech and Communications from Eastern Kentucky University. He attended a management program at Stanford University and Columbia University’s Summer Graduate School of Journalism. He has received numerous television broadcasting awards, including multiple EMMY awards. He won a National Telly Award for producing the made-for-TV movie, “Never Lose Your Hope,” starring NBA legend Isiah Thomas and actor Jeff Daniels.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!