- Detroit's Top Leaders and Newsmakers Join For Annual Legacy In Motion Gala - 2013-12-08
- Berry Gordy: The man, the music, the legacy, from Chronicle paperboy to international music mogul - 2013-12-05
- Generation Next: Michigan Chronicle Celebrates 40 under 40 - 2013-10-23
- Chronicle Editor Bankole Thompson Panelist On Mayoral Debate Panel - 2013-10-07
- Michigan’s Health Insurance Marketplace Opens Today! - 2013-10-01
Page 47 of 49
SHAWN E. WILLIAMS
DIRECTOR, PHYSICIAN PRACTICE DEVELOPMENT
DETROIT MEDICAL CENTER – PHYSICIAN HOSPITAL ORGANIZATION, LLC
In his position as Director with the DMC-PHO, Williams’s primary responsibilities include promoting (2) BlueCross/BlueShield of Michigan-sponsored initiatives [Physician Group Incentive Program (PGIP) and Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH)] to Primary Care Physicians and Specialists in the Greater Detroit Area. Additional responsibilities include facilitating the roll out of new DMCPHO-negotiated Managed Care contracts and supporting initiatives driven by the Michigan Pioneer Accountable Care Organization.
Prior to attaining his position with the DMC-PHO, Williams held the position of Director, DMC Physician Relations and Recruitment Department. Additional career positions include: Territory Manager, Southfield Michigan, Novartis Pharmaceuticals-U.S. Division.
Williams holds a B.B.A. from Western Michigan University and is a member of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Incorporated. He was voted Student of The Year (1986) by the W.M.U. Pan-Hellenic Council.
As an entrepreneur, Williams attended the Detroit Entrepreneur Institute and was one of four recipients of the D.E.I.2001 Entrepreneur of The Year Award for his accomplishments in the Transportation sector.
Williams is a loving husband (LaTrelle) and father (Bianca, Jamiere, Caleb and Kelsey) with a huge passion for church activities, restoring older vehicles and Clean Comedy.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!