- Metro Detroit's Top Leaders And Newsmakers Join For Annual Legacy In Motion Gala - 2013-11-26
- Generation Next: Michigan Chronicle Celebrates 40 under 40 - 2013-10-23
- Chronicle Editor Bankole Thompson Panelist On Mayoral Debate Panel - 2013-10-07
- Michigan’s Health Insurance Marketplace Opens Today! - 2013-10-01
- Tasha Page Lockhart wins “Sunday Best” - 2013-09-03
Page 48 of 49
CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER
THE CHILDREN’S CENTER
George Winn serves as Chief Operations Officer at The Children’s Center, leading a team of behavioral health & child welfare professionals providing comprehensive mental health services to more than 7,500 children and families in Greater Detroit. His visionary and innovative approach to creating systems of care addressing the needs of the whole child sets The Children’s Center apart.
Winn has enjoyed a range of professional successes including Co-Chairing the first Fatherhood Conference in Wayne County and piloting the first private agency contract on Family-to-Family in Michigan--aimed at maintaining the family structure during the foster care placement process.
Winn’s passions are fueled by his strong belief in the importance of family. He has become a vocal advocate for the deliberate inclusion of fathers in the daily lives of children. He has led numerous advocacy initiatives engaging elected officials towards ensuring every child has their basic needs met.
Winn coaches AAU basketball for two area teams, mentoring boys ages 8-17. He and his wife Verita, are enjoying life rearing their three sons ages 13, 15 and 22.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)