- Detroit's Top Leaders and Newsmakers Join For Annual Legacy In Motion Gala - 2013-12-08
- Berry Gordy: The man, the music, the legacy, from Chronicle paperboy to international music mogul - 2013-12-05
- Generation Next: Michigan Chronicle Celebrates 40 under 40 - 2013-10-23
- Chronicle Editor Bankole Thompson Panelist On Mayoral Debate Panel - 2013-10-07
- Michigan’s Health Insurance Marketplace Opens Today! - 2013-10-01
Page 10 of 49
CHARLES BURNS, III
CHEVROLET DETROIT BELLE ISLE GRAND PRIX
Charles Burns, III is the General Manager of the Chevrolet Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix and oversees all day-to-day operations of the popular annual event.
As former U.S. Marine who worked as an Indiana State trooper for over 10 years before transitioning to motorsports, Burns is experienced in all areas event management, including operations, sponsorship, security, and media/community relations. He has worked with the IZOD Indy Car Series and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway for over 12 years, serving as Director of Security since 2003. The Indiana native has extensive operational and security experience, helping to direct 12 Indianapolis 500-mile races, seven Formula One Grand Prix events and numerous NASCAR and MotoGP races.
Burns has relocated to Detroit from Indianapolis with his wife Michelle and children, Sydney and Brayden.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!