Page 13 of 53
LORETTA V. DAVIS, MSA
PRESIDENT & CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
INSTITUTE FOR POPULATION HEALTH
Davis’s management experience spans 25 years, two sectors, a myriad of key public health issues and a full range of administrative and operational functions, including fiscal management, contract negotiations, policy and procedure development, personnel management, and program design and development.
She responded to the Mayor of the City of Detroit’s call to find a way to continue to provide public health services in the face of extreme budget limitations.
Now, as President and CEO of the Institute for Population Health, Davis joins the ranks of only four other city-level public health institute CEOs across the United States. In this position she oversees the provision of public health services to the residents and visitors of the City of Detroit.
A well-respected public health leader, Davis has been called upon to respond to a number of public health challenges throughout her career. In addition to leading the formation of the Institute for Population Health, she has led the financial repair of five clinics across southeast Michigan, bringing them from deficit spending to viability; mobilized a county’s response to the H1N1 flu pandemic; served as a principal partner in creating and implementing Michigan’s early response to HIV/AIDS; and partnered in crafting the HIV/AIDS response in Ethiopia, East Africa.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)