Page 48 of 53
JAMIE KAYE WALTERS
DIRECTOR OF CREATIVE SERVICES & PROGRAMMING
WDIV - LOCAL 4
In 2008, Walters and her business partner founded Velocity Cow, and formed a partnership with WDIV-Local 4 that allowed the station’s sales department to give its clients a boutique creative agency experience. Velocity Cow has produced more than 1,200 commercials and marketing videos for a wide variety of clients. Walters also produced American Black Journal, MiWeek and the multiday coverage of the Mackinac Policy Conference for Detroit Public Television. In early 2013, Walters returned full-time to the station where she got her start.
Walters worked from 1998-2007 for WDIV-Local 4 as the Senior Programming Producer. She produced high profile entertainment and political programs such as America’s Thanksgiving Parade, Target Fireworks, Flashpoint and several of the station’s community initiatives. In 2007, she took a five-month career sabbatical to travel internationally.
Walters earned a B.A. in American Culture from the University of Michigan – Ann Arbor. She lives in the Corktown neighborhood of Detroit with her fiancée.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)