Page 53 of 53
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
DETROIT RESCUE MISSION MINISTRIES
Barbara Willis, a native Detroiter, is the Chief Operating Officer for the Detroit Rescue Mission Ministries (DRMM). Starting in 1966, she has successively served as Director of Oasis, Director of support Services and Chief Operating Officer. As such she oversees all programs, operations staff, social services and all interagency agreements.
Prior to DRMM, Willis was the Assistant Dean for City Colleges of Chicago; Instructor for the Chicago School of Ministries, English Instructor for Detroit and Romulus Public Schools. She earned her M.A. in Inner City Studies from Northeastern Illinois University; B.A. in English from Eastern Michigan University and numerous awards for her work in Michigan and Chicago.
Willis is a lifetime member of Leadership Detroit (Greater Detroit Chamber of Commerce) and is a Superior Public Service Award winner for the City of Chicago. Professionally, Willis has served as a Board member for Highland Park Communities First, Highland Park Business Association, “48203” HP Collaborative and Love Inc., World Vision. She is currently Vice Chair of the Highland Park Planning Commission and a former Superior Township (Washtenaw County) Planning Commissioner.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)