The Explore Microsoft Internship Program is a 12-week summer internship program that is specifically designed for college underclassmen (freshmen and sophomores) and offers the opportunity to experience working at Microsoft. This program is designed to expose students to the field of software development and encourage students to pursue degrees in computer science, computer engineering, or related technical disciplines through hands-on training and group project experience.
Candidates must be a freshman or sophomore enrolled in a bachelors degree program with a demonstrated interest in majoring in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, or related technical major. Students must have completed an Introduction to Computer Science course (or equivalent class) as well as one semester of calculus (or equivalent) by the start of the program. Finalists will be selected on the basis of eligibility and demonstrated interest in the software industry.
All candidates who meet the above criteria may apply, but they especially encourage applications from groups currently underrepresented in the field of computer science - women, minorities (African American, American Indian, Hispanic), and individuals with disabilities.
For more details and/or to apply, visit:
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)