Retailer will interview for full- and part-time positions for its latest store to debut this summer
What:Meijer has announced that it will be conducting interviews for more than 400 positions available at its new Detroit store scheduled to open later this summer.
The Grand Rapids, Mich.-based retailer is seeking to fill positions in all departments from clerks and cake decorators to utility workers, meat cutters and more.
Potential candidates should begin the hiring process by searching for available positions at www.meijer.com/careers. Once they are at the job posting site, interested candidates should click on hourly professionals, search hourly opportunities, and enter 268 in the keyword search box to see available positions.
Meijer is also partnering with several local organizations to fill positions at the new Detroit store. These organizations include:
· Detroit Employment Solutions Corp. (Michigan Works!)
· Arab Community Center for Economic and Social Services (ACCESS)
· Second Ebenezer Church in partnership with Perfecting Church
· Arab American and Chaldean Council (ACC)
Meijer recruiters will conduct phone interviews in the coming weeks. Selected candidates will then be contacted to schedule an in-person interview.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)