- The Name Game - 2013-12-03
- Eminem Teams Up With Iron Man For 'Mighty Avengers' Variant Comic Book Cover - 2013-11-07
- Woman Impregnanted By Famous Dad Five Times Wins College Grant For Overcoming Adversity - 2013-10-21
- Are Up-and-Coming Rappers Getting a Fair Break? - 2013-10-15
- Photo Of Principal Appearing To Choke HS Student Goes Viral - 2013-10-11
Category: Community - Original Published on Wednesday, 22 May 2013 14:35 Written by Michigan Chronicle Staff
The deadline to apply is May 31, 2013.
Nationwide -- The Shawn Carter Scholarship Fund (SCSF) provides individual grants ranging from $1,500 to $2,500 to every student who qualifies and reapplies yearly, from admission to graduation.
The grant can be used to cover tuition expenses and related supplemental educational expenses such as books, lab fees, travel and select costs of living. All Shawn Carter Scholars are required to "give back" by conducting community service and by serving as mentors to younger, aspiring Shawn Carter Scholars.
All high school seniors, undergraduate college students, and students at vocational or trade schools are eligible to apply. All applicants must be US citizens, 25 years old or younger, and have a minimum GPA of 2.0.
For more details and/or to apply, visit:
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!