Detroit, MI - Thursday, June 27, 2013 is National HIV Testing Day; this is an annual observance. The goal of the day is to encourage individuals to get tested, as early diagnosis of the disease is imperative to survival.
S.T.A.R. Foundation is grateful for the outpour of support and collaboration to make this day successful; numbers count!
On this day, S.T.A.R. in conjunction with R & B Songstress/Writer Kelly Price, Actress Malinda Williams, Actor/Producer Trae Ireland, The Horizons Project, Henry Ford Health System, Wayne State University School of Medicine ~ Co-Curricular Program, AIDS Walk Detroit, Bristol-Myers, AIDS Partnership Michigan and SEMHAC will conduct FREE HIV testing open to the public at Youthville Detroit from noon until 4:00 p.m.
If you missed last year's initiative, you won't want to miss it this year; food, fun, entertainment, freebies and testing! What better way to start your day of healthy living ... this is the first step!
7375 Woodward Ave.
Detroit, MI 48202
Over the last 10 years, S.T.A.R. Foundation’s mission has provided a foundation of self-respect within girls and young adults through mentoring, educating, and promoting the importance of living a healthy lifestyle, which incorporates HIV/AIDS & STD prevention. We’ve addressed gaps in service and advocacy by using popular youth culture to effectively communicate life-saving messages.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)