UHY and Howard & Howard versus Talmer: Accountants, Attorneys and Bankers Laced Up Their Skates and Faced Off On the Ice for Charity
Category: Community - Original Published on Thursday, 27 June 2013 12:38 Written by Michigan Chronicle Staff
UHY LLP and Howard & Howard Attorneys PLLC took this concept to the ice as they squared off against bankers from Talmer Bank & Trust in a charity hockey game at Oak Park Ice Arena.
The two teams raised $1,765 for the Boys and Girls Club of Southeastern Michigan. Since 1926, Boys and Girls Club of Southeastern Michigan has provided high quality youth development programs, sporting activities, events and a safe haven for children from all walks of life.
“It was a great collective team effort by three outstanding professional services firms to help provide community support for a wonderful local cause such as the Boys and Girls Club of Southeastern Michigan. Special thanks also to Lou Schmidt Jr. for donating the ice at Oak Park Ice Arena and to Dick O’ Dows for providing food and hospitability after the game,” said Dennis Gistinger, Managing Director at Talmer Bank Trust. UHY LLP and Howard & Howard defeated Talmer Bank & Trust 8 – 9. This is the second year the game has been played making the score even on both sides.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)