ST. JOSEPH MERCY OAKLAND’S MICHIGAN BARIATRIC INSTITUTE INVITES THE PUBLIC TO FREE EDUCATIONAL SEMINAR
Page 1 of 2
St. Joseph Mercy Oakland's (SJMO) Michigan Bariatric Institute (MBI) will host a free educational seminar focusing on bariatric surgery options at 6-7:30 p.m. Wednesday,
Aug. 7, 2013, in the hospital's Franco Communications Center, 44405 Woodward Ave., Pontiac.
Entitled, "A Minimally Invasive Surgical Approach to Treating Obesity," the seminar will feature an overview of the bariatric surgery program and the types of procedures it offers, as well as a question and answer session.
Speakers include general and bariatric surgeon and SJMO Medical Director of Bariatric Surgery Jacob Roberts, DO; and MBI Program Director and former bariatric patient Paula Magid.
In the area of Bariatric Surgery, Dr. Roberts specializes in laparoscopic (i.e., minimally invasive) surgery procedures: Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery, Adjustable Gastric Banding and Sleeve Gastrectomy. He also is interested in minimally invasive/advanced laparoscopic surgery including: Cholecystectomy, Hiatal Hernia Repair and Nissen Fundoplication, Incisional and Inguinal Hernia Repair, Splenectomy, Gastric Resections, Colectomy, Appendectomy and Anti-Reflux Surgery.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)