- WATCH: Beyoncé’s Special Message For Michigan’s Football Fans - 2013-09-09
- Coca Cola Company Executive Pioneer Ingrid Saunders Jones Honored at Charles Wright Museum - 2013-08-09
- M. Roy Wilson to be sworn in as Wayne State University’s 12th President, Aug. 1 - 2013-07-31
- Fatburger opening soon near Wayne State University - 2013-07-30
- Dara Munson, President and CEO of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metropolitan Detroit, to be Recognized by Eastern Michigan University - 2013-07-24
We are very excited and pleased to announce that the continued collaboration of five of the most dynamic alumni associations in Southeast Michigan are hosting Black Alumni Weekend 2013, taking place July 26-28, 2013 Downtown Detroit.Once again, the alumni chapters of Michigan State University, University of Michigan, Eastern Michigan University, Western Michigan University & Wayne State University,collectively have come together to present an even more eventful weekend to celebrate excellence in achievement as we raise funds for scholarships for students attending each university respectively.
BAW 2013 features a more vibrant itinerary for alumni, supporters & attendees to enjoy. We added a Sunday Brunch hosted at the Detroit Seafood Market , and our lineup of honorees for the weekend's signature kickoff event, The4thAnnual EVENING OF ELEGANCE, is a majestic groupof individuals who define the word excellence. This year's prestigious award recipients WDIV-TV News Anchor Rhonda Walker (MSU), Atty. Godfrey Dillard (UM), Dr. Phyllis Vroom (WSU), Dara Davis-Munson (EMU)& TBA (WMU) is a select alumni class like no other. The event will also feature a silent auction and will be hosted by U-M & Fab Five Alumnus Jimmy King.
For more information on events and sponsorships for Black Alumni Weekend 2013, as well as all general inquiries, please visit http://southeastmcaa.webs.com/distinguishedalumni.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)