Mitch Albom, DRMM To Work With Bill Pulte, Blight Authority To Secure, Beautify Brightmoor Area on Aug. 10 in Detroit
Page 1 of 2
On August 10, 2013, Mitch Albom and the Detroit Rescue Mission Ministries [DRMM] will join forces with the Detroit Blight Authority and Bill Pulte to help beautify more than 500 vacant lots in the Brightmoor neighborhood in Detroit.
Carrying on from the successful 100 Houses events, which Albom and DRMM debuted and organized in 2012, the organizations will come together as part of the Detroit Blight Authority's second blight elimination project.
The 500-plus lots, which rest in an unsafe area of the city and span 14 city blocks, will be seeded with wildflowers by more than 200 volunteers. By partnering with Mitch Albom and DRMM, Pulte hopes to attract volunteers from all over metro-Detroit, and possibly the entire state, and raise awareness about blight elimination and its ability to improve safety and the quality of life in the City.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)