- DTE Energy Offers Tips For Managing Winter Heating Costs - 2013-11-05
- DTE Energy to Host Unprecedented Unveiling of ‘Who’s Who in Black Detroit’ - 2013-10-16
- Queen of Soul cancels concert - 2013-07-12
- DTE Energy Named Best of the Best for diversity by Black EOE Journal - 2013-05-03
- DTE Energy Senior Manager named to Top 75 diversity list John Eley Jr. receives honor from MBN USA magazine - 2013-05-03
Page 1 of 2
Although we're at the tail end of a simmering heat wave, there's still plenty of summer left and DTE Energy wants you to stay cool, stay safe and save money in the process.
DTE Energy reminds its customers that although the weather can impact your energy use, there are some simple ways to lower your electric bill.
The average homeowner spends about $1,900 a year on energy costs, with summer cooling contributing a large part to the total. Of all your summer electric use, air conditioning is the number one cause of higher energy bills.
But whether you run air conditioning or fans to prevent that hot-weather meltdown, DTE Energy has some high bill-busting tips to help you stay comfortable without overloading your checking account:
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!