- Police Investigate Possibility Of Foul Play In Missing Michigan Teen Case - 2013-12-03
- 41st Annual Noel Night Dec. 7th - 2013-12-02
- Metro Detroit's Top Leaders And Newsmakers Join For Annual Legacy In Motion Gala - 2013-11-26
- Can Race Be Taken Out As A Factor In Renisha McBride Case? - 2013-11-19
- Renisha McBride and Other Black Women Need to be Defended - 2013-11-19
The Detroit Institute For Children is holding an annual camp designed just for children with special needs. Art, music and recreational activities have been developed and will be led by
highly trained therapists and volunteers who are familiar with the children's special
needs and sensitivities. Participants include DIC patients and their siblings.
This year's theme is "The DIC Goes on Vacation." Daily activities are designed
around each day's "destination."
Mon, July 29: 1 to 4 p.m.: theme is The Land of Oz
Tues, July 30: 1 to 4 p.m.: theme is The Amazon
Wed, July 31: 1 to 4 p.m.: theme is The Moon
Thurs, Aug. 1: 9 a.m. to noon: theme is The Land of Ice and Snow.
*Thursday's session will include water activities.
Midtown Detroit: DIC headquarters at 5447 Woodward
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)