- Duggan Deserves Our Support To Lead City Back To Prosperity - 2013-11-13
- Candidates who make an effective City Council - 2013-10-30
- Detroit City Council Rejects EM Keyvn Orr's $350-Million Deal - 2013-10-21
- Promise Of New City Council Begins With These Faces - 2013-07-31
- Southwest Voices Hosts Historic District 6 City Council Candidate Forum - 2013-07-29
Page 1 of 2
Detroit residents can now see where a particular structure is in the demolition process by using an online demolition map recently launched on the City of Detroit Buildings, Safety Engineering & Environmental Department's (BSEED) Web site.
The map shows demolitions approved by Detroit City Council. The properties are shown in three categories indicated by different colors: Approved, In-Process and Completed. The approved properties have been inspected and identified as dangerous by BSEED and subsequently approved for demolition by City Council. They will remain on the list until a funding source is identified. The in-process properties are currently undergoing utility clearances, bidding or active demolition. The completed properties have been demolished to final grade.
The interactive tool was created for the Department by Data Driven Detroit with funding by the Woodward Corridor Initiative/Living Cities Initiative.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!