Page 2 of 2
"Farm Bureau Insurance firmly believes in supporting safe and clean learning environments for our youth. Coleman Elementary staff, parents, and students, have not only exhibited a need in this area, but have the dedication and commitment to keep it preserved," said Vic Verchereau, Farm Bureau Insurance vice president of Marketing. "We are proud to help them in achieving their goal of providing students with an organized, clean and safe media room and library. At Farm Bureau Insurance our mission is to protect the people of Michigan from the risks of everyday life and we couldn't be more proud to present a program that helps us to do just that."
The Detroit Pistons have renovated 29 facilities into Live, Learn, and Play Centers at schools, shelters, and hospitals in Michigan to date. The Coleman A. Young school library – with new paint, carpet, furniture, technology, and themed graphics and decorations – will make it 30!
"We congratulate the students, teachers and principals at Coleman A. Young, because the Detroit Pistons organization knows how important it is to learn in an environment that makes them feel more productive," said Dennis Mannion, Palace Sports & Entertainment CEO and president. "We're thrilled to have Farm Bureau Insurance provide this opportunity for this deserving school."
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)