- Berry Gordy: The man, the music, the legacy, from Chronicle paperboy to international music mogul - 2013-12-05
- Metro Detroit's Top Leaders And Newsmakers Join For Annual Legacy In Motion Gala - 2013-11-26
- Generation Next: Michigan Chronicle Celebrates 40 under 40 - 2013-10-23
- Chronicle Editor Bankole Thompson Panelist On Mayoral Debate Panel - 2013-10-07
- Michigan’s Health Insurance Marketplace Opens Today! - 2013-10-01
Category: Community - Original Published on Thursday, 14 February 2013 07:00 Written by Britney Spear
It's happened to the best of us. Valentine's Day rolls right around just as fast as it did last year, and you find yourself with the same dilemma. When it sneaks up on you, it's easy to find yourself plagued with the question of what to get your significant other at the last minute.
Fear no more, and look no further! Here's a list of 8 quick and to-the-point yet cute ideas that will put a smile on that special someone's face:
1. Create a homemade gift certificate after all, who's going to complain about a ticket redeemable for say, a bubble bath, dinner, etc.?
2. Give a romantic gesture- try writing out a few miscellaneous notes on 'why I love you' and scattering them about the house.
3. Sing your special someone a love song- preferably their favorite one. Nothing says 'romantic' like a musical serenade.
4. Flowers- predictable, yet always obtainable. You cannot go wrong with them; they've saved plenty of V-Days in the past!
5. Here we go again with the 'usual' - chocolates and/or candies. Satisfy their sweet tooth.
6. Go on a date night - take your sweetheart to a movie, or out to do something nice that you know they will enjoy.
7. Cook at home - preferably their favorite meal. Spice things up with a little wine and candlelight.
8. 'Share' your love with the world... literally! Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or all of the above. Professing your fondness to others lets them know you're sincere.
Follow Britney Spear on Twitter @missbritneysp
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)