One band that has been doing its R&B/jazz thing to the delight of established and newfound fans for nearly a half-dozen years is Blue Dawne, a sextet consisting of Martin Douglas (keyboards, vocals), Michael Henderson (drums, percussion), Dave Johnson (guitar), Daune Smith (lead and background vocals), Leonard Farmer (bass) and Kafi Mack (lead and background vocals). Their histories vary, but they believe they were meant to be together.
Blue Dawne, who were originally known as Triad Blue, aim for the same kind of diversity with regard to venues as they do with musical selection. Which means you will see the band at clubs, bars, concert halls, conventions, etc., anywhere there is a demand for their melting pot of pop jazz, mainstream jazz, R&B or whatever else fits the occasion.
If all goes as planned, Blue Dawne will enter the recording studio sometime next year. In the meantime, they use a promotional five-song CD to introduce themselves and their sound.
The band, whose repertoire for any given performance consists of a mixture of familiar tunes and original material, plans to keep making music for as long as it feels good and the public wants to hear them, so there should be a Blue Dawne for many years to come.
For booking information, call (248) 346-5340.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)