Since I am cooking for one, I can easily slap together a sandwich or enjoy a salad. I refuse to turn on the oven, stove or microwave for fear that they may combust! On days like this, I need a Popsicle. You’d think the ice cream man would be out, but I haven’t heard one single chime. Maybe all of his ice cream melted! Refusing to be deterred, I decide to make my own popsicles from scratch with lemonade and strawberries. When cooking for yourself, you can stand in front of the freezer with the door open as long as you want and if you just can’t wait for the popsicles to freeze, you can pour the mix in a cup and enjoy a slurpee!
Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles
1/3 cup frozen lemonade concentrate
1 cup cold water
1/3 cup frozen, sliced strawberries
Four Popsicle molds and sticks
Prep Time:10 Minutes
Ready In 4 hours
Makes 4 Popsicles
In a large pitcher, stir together the lemonade concentrate and water. Place strawberries into a blender and puree until smooth. Pour in a little of the lemonade and water if necessary to facilitate blending. Stir strawberry puree into the lemonade. Pour into molds, and freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Bamboozled: Breast Mutilation as Preventive Care? (1)
- Mike Duggan announces official run for mayor (1)
- Detroit gears up for historic March on Woodward celebration (1)
- UPDATE: Election commission decides to keep Duggan on the ballot (1)
- African Americans Must be a part of Detroit New Development Growth (1)