Category: Entertainment - Original Published on Wednesday, 08 May 2013 10:08 Written by Amber L. Bogins, Entertainment Editor
Ride warriors get ready! Cedar Point unveils it's newest ride--The GateKeeper.
Located at the front of the park, GateKeeper, will forever change the landscape of the Cedar Point Peninsula. This mammoth ride will be the longest wing roller coaster and boast the longest drop of any wing roller coaster on the planet!
Riders sit suspended from the train as if on the wings of a plane, giving them the sensation of flight. They'll dangle 170 feet above the Cedar Point Beach before experiencing a sharp, 180-degree turn and plummeting to within six feet above the ground. Six unique inversions and rolling hills help create the feeling of weightlessness. Adding to the excitement, riders will soar through two massive keyhole towers that guard the park's redesigned main entrance, twisting just in time to nearly miss them at speeds of almost 70 mph.
Check out the GateKeeper for yourself! Cedar Point opens Saturday, May 11th.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (1)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)
- Cop Admits He Made a Black Man Sing, Dance Like Chimp On Video (3)