- Police Investigate Possibility Of Foul Play In Missing Michigan Teen Case - 2013-12-03
- 41st Annual Noel Night Dec. 7th - 2013-12-02
- Metro Detroit's Top Leaders And Newsmakers Join For Annual Legacy In Motion Gala - 2013-11-26
- Can Race Be Taken Out As A Factor In Renisha McBride Case? - 2013-11-19
- Renisha McBride and Other Black Women Need to be Defended - 2013-11-19
Category: Entertainment - Original Published on Thursday, 23 May 2013 14:47 Written by Amber L. Bogins, Entertainment Editor
Native Detroiter and acclaimed actor/comedian David Alan Grier will be the featured entertainer at THE GUILD of St. John Hospital and Medical Center’s 53rd annual fundraising dinner on June 5, 2013 at Penna’s of Sterling, in Sterling Heights, MI. The funds raised at the dinner will benefit St. John Hospital and Medical Center’s Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
GUILD officials are extremely excited to have Grier return to his hometown where he has so many fond memories and participate in an event that will generate funding for such an important area – The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
“We’re looking forward to David’s performance and expect his celebrity to help us maximize attendance and funding for such an important cause,” said GUILD Dinner Chairman David Kesner. “We’re also looking forward to honoring three Guild members who have tirelessly supported THE GUILD over the years.”
The three honorees include: Mr. and Mrs. Robert G. Liggett, Jr. of Grosse Pointe Shores who will receive the Philanthropic Services Award; Ali Rabbani, MD of Grosse Pointe Shores, who will be awarded with the Physician of the Year Award; and The Ahee Family, of the Grosse Pointes, who will receive the Sr. Verenice McQuade Distinguished Service Award.
Doors open to the gala affair at 6:00 p.m. for cocktails and hors d’oevres, followed by a multi-course dinner at 7:30 p.m. Tickets can be obtained at www.stjohnguild.org or by contacting Kathy Taranto at (313) 343-3674 -- $250 for guests over 35 years of age and $125 for attendees between the ages of 21-35.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)