- Winter Magic In Detroit - 2013-11-25
- Campus Martius: Free Downtown Music And Entertainment Celebrations Continue With 4th Fridays In The Park - 2013-07-18
- Classical Tuesdays, Sunset in the City, and Movie Night in the D Launch at Campus Martius Park - 2013-07-09
- Papa Joe’s opening new location downtown Detroit - 2013-04-17
- Dan Gilbert unveils more development plans for downtown Detroit - 2013-03-29
Page 2 of 2
Belgrave releases her new single Hey Love during the free concert sponsored by the Detroit 300 Conservancy and Campus Martius. She will be accompanied by her husband and jazz trumpet legend Marcus Belgrave. Hey Love is being released in partnership with Blue Rivers Records and begins an R&B journey for Joan preceded by many varied works and genres in Blues, Jazz, Gospel and Soul. Hey Love is a smooth, sultry and melodious R&B love song with jazz undertones.
Love for children and music has inspired Joan to fundraise for 4-year-old Julian, a cousin and victim of domestic abuse. Jazz for Julian is collaboration of live concerts with husband Marcus to raise funds for Julian's care. Donations will be taken during the concert on Julian's behalf.
The worldwide entertainer began her musical career singing in the choir of her Baptist church and studied classical voice. Joan's near four decade musical career includes success as a vocalist, songwriter, producer and manager.
The Belgraves are headliners during the Detroit Jazz Festival in Hart Plaza this year. Joan's CD will be available for purchase.
For more information, click on: www.joanbowbelgrave.com or contact Detroit Jazz Musicians Co-Op Inc., P.O. Box 36426, Detroit, MI 48236 or call 313-640-8552. Jazz for Julian information can be found at http://www.joanbowbelgrave.com/jazzforjulian.html
Blue Rivers Records – www.blueriversrecords.com
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!