Category: Entertainment - Original Published on Thursday, 18 July 2013 13:40 Written by Steve Hosley
News that Halle Berry had married actor Olivier Martinez in his native France on July 13 made international headlines, and most people were (and remain) happy for her.
However, the Academy Award-winning actress has a history of marriages and relationships that have gone sour.
The last relationship, with model Gabriel Aubrey, got particularly nasty. Complicating the matter further was the fact that Berry and Aubry had a child together in 2008. Her name is Nahla.
Fairly recently, Martinez and Aubry had a physical altercation, and Aubry was beaten up badly.
Berry's previous marriage was to singer Eric Benét. It seemed to be happy union, but then a tabloid ran two color pages of photos of Benét "rendezvousing" with a former girlfriend.
Benét was later treated for "sex addiction."
Before that, Berry was married to pro-baseball player David Justice. The marriage deteriorated rather quickly. After the divorce, Berry sought a restraining order against Justice.
Many people speculate that the men cannot always be fully at fault. Or maybe Halle Berry just has bad luck with men.
In any event, family, friends and fans are hopeful for the newlyweds.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)