- St. John Providence Health System invites women to join T.E.A.M. Pink this month in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month - 2013-10-16
- The Isley-Kem Project - 2013-09-30
- TGT "Three Kings" Online Album Listening Party - 2013-08-15
- New TLC Album, First in a Decade - 2013-08-02
- Beyonce Starts From Scratch - 2013-07-26
Category: Entertainment - Original Published on Friday, 26 July 2013 14:31 Written by Michigan Chronicle Staffi
Page 2 of 2
Fantasia, whose latest album is "Side Effects of You," is set to return to Broadway in October in a production titled "After Midnight," a celebration of the legendary bandleader/musician Duke Ellington with a focus on his years at the renowned Cotton Club, in Harlem, New York.
Previews of "After Midnight" will start on Oct. 18. The official opening will be on Nov. 3. Expectations are high.
Ellington is known for such beloved songs as "Satin Doll," "It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)," "Take the 'A' Train" and "Do Nothing Till You Hear From Me."
Fantasia previously appeared on Broadway in "The Color Purple," in the role of Celle, and won wave reviews from critics and was responsible for an increase in ticket sales.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!