- Police Investigate Possibility Of Foul Play In Missing Michigan Teen Case - 2013-12-03
- 41st Annual Noel Night Dec. 7th - 2013-12-02
- Metro Detroit's Top Leaders And Newsmakers Join For Annual Legacy In Motion Gala - 2013-11-26
- Can Race Be Taken Out As A Factor In Renisha McBride Case? - 2013-11-19
- Renisha McBride and Other Black Women Need to be Defended - 2013-11-19
DTE Energy is providing 40 vehicles and dozens of employee volunteers to patrol neighborhoods in northwest Detroit and staff the city’s Emergency Headquarters as part of the City of Detroit’s Angels’ Night program. DTE also is providing a monetary contribution to the Angels’ Night program as well as dinner to those working in the Emergency Headquarters on Wednesday night.
The patrols conducted by employee volunteers in marked company vehicles on Tuesday and Wednesday nights will help increase security and deter vandalism by providing a visible presence in the neighborhoods and by reporting suspicious activity to city authorities. Marked DTE Energy vehicles will be staged for deployment at the city’s Northwest Activities Center. After the volunteers participate in a pre-patrol briefing, they will fan out in company vehicles to begin their patrols.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!